7 ideas for a successful dinosaur birthday party
See how others made it. Below you will find examples of successful dinosaur birthday parties, with a list of party activities, food ideas and decorations.
- long list of sweet treats:
- a fun plate with dino nuggets, broccoli imitating trees and eggs made of olives
- a Jurassic Park cake
- dino cookies
- pterodactyl chocolate pops
- dinosaur pretzels
- the table was decorated using dinosaur figures, edible dinosaur eggs and pterodactyl pops
- activities: dinosaur dig, dino egg hunting, Color a Dino Station
See a list of resources under the article.
- party toys: dinosaur confetti, mini plastic dinosaur toys, a dinosaur bucket and dinosaur masks, dinosaur birthday shirts
- food ideas:
- dinosaur eggs (meatballs),
- “pterodactyl wings” (chicken fingers with dipping sauces),
- dino bones (pretzels),
- “Brontosaurus Bites” (a veggie platter),
- a dinosaur cake
- decoration: dinosaur twirly banners, decorations made of a dinosaur birthday crêpe paper, green paper lanterns, streamers
- other ideas: water bottles decorated using dinosaur printables
- decorations: rocks, wood boxes, tree trunks, egg shells, safari hats, binoculars and, of course, dinosaur toys
- activities: dinosaur egg hunting game, dinosaur dig
- a great collections of photos, decoration ideas, plus, at the bottom of the page, a direct link to free dinosaur party printables.
Fourteen photos and some recipes:
- a dinosaur egg recipe
- a volcano cake made of four stacked boxed cakes
- a couple of ideas for party snacks: Bugles (“Dino Claws”), cheetos (“Dino Bones”), red licorice (“Dino Tongues”) and powdered donuts (“Dino Eyeballs”).
Other ideas: snack labels (printable collection is available for download), dinosaur masks, water balloon fight.
Selected party ideas:
- an unexpected visitor dressed in a dinosaur suit,
- a colouring in pages activity table and a play dough table,
- dinosaur party hats, dinosaur themed invites, plates and table cloths.
This blog post contains over 20 photos. See also a list of useful links at the bottom of the page.
Selected party ideas:
- the dinosaur printable iron on graphic made on a plain white shirt,
- dinosaur water bottle labels,
- dinosaur cupcake toppers,
- a plain cake was decorated using a cake bunting to create a dinosaur birthday cake.
- activities: children excavate bones from chalk, learn the names of dinosaurs and watch the eruption of a volcano,
- decorations: colorful dinosaurs on the cup cakes.